Pages

January 29, 2014

You Spin Me Round And Round

I was standing in the studios of Bite Size TV with Quintein as we watched our friend Derek host his talk show, "The After Party".  It's a small and tidy studio by the W Hotel in Hollywood where you could see the Pantages Theater behind the windows and the people walking from the Metro Station below.  Derek, dressed in a nice suit and his hair slicked up, has such a charm as he joked with his co-host and his guest, a comedian, who was talking about a one-legged duck who was cut from the opening monologue but was brought up.  As I stood next to Quintein who had chuckled at some joke, my thoughts turned back a few years ago when I had first met Derek.  

I met Derek through Quintein and Dave but it was made more personal after we had met at the Santa Monica beach for some event but which afterwards turned into a group of us agreeing to see a taping of Conan O'Brien.  What I remember especially was when after the taping, Derek invited us over to his place that he had rented with Dave, who wasn't there at the moment.  We had some drinks, we had some music playing, and as such things most likely are to happen, we got drunk and happy within the moment.  For my part, I found myself a little inebriated and muttering nonsense from the bottom of Dave's closet, laughing like a mad man.  

I returned from the past and found myself looking at the main stage back at Bite Size TV where Epic Lloyd was spinning an original rap.  We were now around the stage, Quintein and Dave by my sides and Derek at the corner, and I couldn't contain a smile on my face.  Things turned out well for us, those drunken happy fools dancing.

No comments:

Post a Comment